Established in 1996, Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) is a global technology and managed services firm that has provided solutions to over 900 government and commercial clients in various industries. With its mission of “helping clients achieve measurable results,” VIP helps its customers challenge boundaries and uncover new possibilities to increase productivity, maximize revenue, improve performance, mitigate risks, and reduce costs. VIP has over 700 staff and offers expertise spanning eight core service offerings: Business Intelligence, ERP Consulting & Integration, Technology-Based Learning Solutions, Management Consulting, Software Quality Management & Testing, Application Design & Development, Systems Maintenance & Operations, and Network & Data Center Infrastructure Consulting. VIP’s corporate headquarters is located in Folsom, California with offices in DC Metro, New York City, Houston.
VIP is seeking an Application Developer with excellent analytical skills with at least 7 years experience in application development, user requirements gathering, unit testing, end user testing, experience in reporting in a production and data warehousing settingfor an existing project of ours with a Government Agency located in Long Island City, Queens.
The Application Developer will assist in developing application and maintaining accurate, user-friendly requirements documentation, prototyping, and testing, deploying and maintaining applications. This position involves understanding of business needs and software, documenting clear and accurate requirements, functional requirements specifications, designing and programming solutions.. Additional responsibilities include:
- The ideal candidate should have experience with projects that were designed, developed, deployed AND supported to actual production scenarios.
- Identify and gather business requirements through multiple stakeholder interviews, and develop detailed business and functional specifications ensuring prioritized business needs are included to maintain high credibility of the solution proposed in the marketplace.
- Document new report requests and translate requests into user reports.
- Work collaboratively with the client team to understand current workflow and processes and determine the impact of the new requirements on the operation and the current processes.
- Review and validate System Integrator (SI) design documents and user interface designs depicting future capabilities to facilitate design reviews with internal stakeholders and programmers to explore potential solutions using best practices in usability. Collaborate with the deployment team to understand and gain feedback on usability issues to derive a customer centric design.
- Work collaboratively with the team consisting of Developers, Testers, Documentation Specialists and Training Specialists.
- Identify existing system inefficiencies and develops solutions to remediate those areas
- Ensure deliverables are met on time and on schedule as per workload being effectively allocated
- Responsible for providing effective briefing and reports to internal product teams
- Responsible to work independently or with teams to achieve Software enhancement Roadmap goals.
- Perform Quality Assurance on other work products.
- Must have minimum 7 years experience with programming web based applications using ASP.NET and preferably MS SQL Server as backend.
- Must have experience in designing tables, writing stored procedures and triggers.
- Hands-on experience with Crystal reports or other ASP.NET reporting tools.
- Application Testing and Troubleshooting experience is must.
- Experience working reporting tools or dashboards
- Strong writing/documentation skills
- Strong presentation skills; experience working with senior stake holders in gathering requirements.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication (active listening) skills
- Commitment to quality and to assessing and accommodating user needs
- Strong interpersonal skills required in order to collaborate with the entire product team to achieve the team’s collective goals.
- Strong ability to follow both written and oral guidelines/instructions, and attention to detail are required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder
******All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/F/M/DV. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.********
- Experience with state and local clients is preferred
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) concepts and tools.
- Microsoft Certification.
Established in 1996, Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) is a global technology and outsourcing firm that has provided solutions to...