The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun! Activities like summer bocce tournaments, the Strawberry Shortcake Smack-down, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, BBQs complete with s’mores and wacky fashion shows are just a taste of life at VTB.
A Web Application Developer at Vermont Teddy Bear Company will help design, develop and grow great ecommerce websites for the multiple brands of Vermont Teddy Bear. We are looking for someone to architect, design and develop web applications that integrate with enterprise applications. The ideal candidate will collaborate with strong teammates who strive for great customer experience and elegant solutions; help us strengthen our technical development strategies, platforms and processes; work hand-in-hand with our business teams to determine the right solutions!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and deploy web applications based on structured development and project management principles
• Develop dynamic content and applications on Company websites
• Support and enhance existing web code and objects; includes internally developed and purchased applications
• Content and application feature updates
• Develop and maintain web-based integration of third-party content and applications
• Ensure effective and efficient integration with enterprise and supporting systems
• Assist with any website content maintenance as needed.
• Provide on-call support
• Develop and deploy tools/applications to control foundational data and create efficient website processes
• Four year college degree in Computer Science, Web Design, or related discipline or equivalent work experience is required
• Minimum 5 years in a Web-related programming position, preferably within an ecommerce company
• Fully versed in the industry, languages and the landscape of web development
• Great communication and project skills, task-oriented
A comprehensive benefits package including 401(k). In addition to the standard benefits, we offer some other fun perks including employee discounts, onsite Physical Therapy, onsite garden space, Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) farm share reimbursement, free gym membership for our employees and their families, onsite Chiropractic and Massage Therapy and onsite nutritionist.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company - 15 months ago