Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
Citizant is looking for an energetic and motivated individual as an Application Engineer/Java Programmer. This position offers a collaborative, engaging and challenging work environment and extensive opportunities for professional growth. Qualified candidates are self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies and tools.
- The application developer's primary responsibility is the analysis of functional requirements and development of applications.
- The selected candidate will work closely with the Project Manager and/or Business Analyst to interpret business requirements, effectively develops the application according to requirements, and delivers high quality results.
- Must also maintain a functional understanding of database architecture and be able to write reports, write custom JSP pages, and provide technical oversight when deploying applications to customer-facing environments.
- Must be able to communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, answer technical questions from customers, and be able provide efficient technical solutions to problems.
- 4-10 years of e
- 4-10 years of experience with Web Application and Relational Database(SQL Server AND/OR Oracle).
- 4+ years of experience with testing and Quality Control (QC)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Understanding of J2EE Architecture (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) and deployment procedures
- Strong analytical Skills (ability to digest requirements and produce design)
- Ability for Testing/Quality Control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with work-flow solutions is highly preferred.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a security investigation and employment is based on the ability to attain Minimum Background Investigation clearance.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area.Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer
Citizant - 8 months ago