Application Engineer – |
Department: Development Services
Reports to: Development Services Lead
Purpose: Responsible for the reactive and proactive maintenance and change management of production transformation modules used by SPS Commerce services. In an effort to continuously improve, this role will be looked to for defining best practices and driving quality improvements back through various Operational departments.
Primary customers are retailers and suppliers who are using SPS services such as File Integration or WebForms to exchange business documents with their trading partners. Internal customers include Customer Operations, Implementation, and Technology.
Measurements of Success:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Proactive Initiative
- Analytical and programming skills
- Understanding of Object Oriented techniques
- Communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Problem-resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects concurrently
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Maintenance of production WebForms, File Integration and Catalog transformation modules according to specification.
- Adhere to SPS development best practices through becoming familiar with and leveraging existing proprietary software modules on new solutions.
- Devise, utilize and educate various departments on best practices for solution development to ensure world-class service is being delivered to our customers.
- Work with Customer Operations and Implementation departments to determine priorities for production fixes.
- Work with Technology to identify internal tool enhancements, with an emphasis on improvements that streamline map development, maintenance, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Consistently strive to improve existing skills and acquire new skills. This includes participating in training sessions and peer reviews/inspections on a regular basis.
- Coordinate releases with the Quality Assurance team.
Education and Other Skills:
- Problem resolution skills a must.
- Previous background with EDI X12 standards desired. This should include the ability to read X12 trading partner guidelines along with the standard X12 Guidelines. Ability to look at raw X12 EDI data and interpret where errors may be occurring.
- Ability to understand X12 syntax errors.
- Experience with business use of X12 documents in the retail/manufacturing vertical – desired but not required.
- Experience with different editing tools for viewing ASCII data and the ability to edit data.
- Knowledge of XML, Java, Relational Databases and various application files preferred.
- College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, to peers and upper management.
- Two years of application programming experience, data mapping tools, or a combination of experience and education/training, preferably in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to respond to changes in work prioritization.
SPS Commerce perfects the power of retail trading partner relationships with the industry's most broadly adopted, enterprise retail cloud...