Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Responsibilities for this position include engineering of systems typically used in the monitoring and control of electrical power distribution. Specific tasks may include consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements, designing electrical control panels, specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project, programming of PLC applications and HMI interfaces, and performing start-up services, troubleshooting and training for commissioned systems.
Travel up to 30% to customer sites required. Majority of travel is local with occasional international opportunities.
This position requires presence at customer sites, as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required, include but are not limited to, passports, Homeland Security clearance, background and credit checks, etc.
• BS in electrical engineering and/or software engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing electrical automation enclosure.
• PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
• HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development
• Customer interaction requires interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply applicable industry standards, such as NEC, UL, ISO, IEEE, and other requirements as needed
• Willingness to travel
• Stable work history
• Experience in the field of emergency power generation and distribution, including switchgear control applications and generator control applications
• Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, ModbusTCP, BacNet, Profibus.
• High level understanding of computer programming languages (VB, C#, C++, Java script), database design (SQL), HTML development.
• Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies and hardware.
• Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into packaged solution (system integration).
• Programming experience with Schneider / Modicon PLCs, using Concept or Unity Pro programming software
• Experience with one or more following HMI software Citect, Wonderware, Intellution, PanelView and Magelis.
Schneider Electric - 8 months ago
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...