The Health Management Research Center was established in 1977 with the dual goals of 1) enhancing the health of the population by helping employers understand the link between lifestyle, health conditions, medical costs and productivity, 2) creating and enhancing the scientific foundation of the field. The Center helps employers measure the health risks of their employees through a health risk assessment questionnaire (HRA) and evaluate the impact of their wellness programs on health and financial outcomes. We have worked with more than 1000 employers, processed more than 10 million HRAs and have written more than 200 publications. We are a multidisciplinary, international team of analysts, programmers and health promotion experts.
The Center is based in the School of Kinesiology at the University of Michigan. The School of Kinesiology at the University of Michigan is one of 19 degree-granting academic units on the Ann Arbor campus. Detailed information on the School of Kinesiology, including its faculty, laboratories and instructional programs, is available at the following website: www.kines.umich.edu/ .
The Applications Programmer/Analyst Intermediate works as one of the programmers on the HMRC database team to develop database-driven applications and database services and modules
- Conduct database system logical/physical design and prototype, including program design, coding, debugging and documentation.
- Perform client-specific tasks, including: data loading and checking, cleaning, merging and maintaining the database. Create a dataset for analysis purposes and setup different datasets for aggregate reports or slides.
- Create ad-hoc queries and reports. Perform data management.
- Perform database data configuration and support for existing applications, including Java library support.
- Create and maintain Microsoft Word and Powerpoint templates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination or education and experience
- 5+ year experience and detailed knowledge of PL/SQL based application development
- 5+ year experience of Oracle data management skills, especially biometrics, medical claims, or pharmacy claims.
- Demonstrated capability for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Solid experience in MS Office applications
- Experience working successfully as a member of a team
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
Knowledge or experience in/supporting any of the following is a plus:
- Agile/Test-Driven software development
- Experience in software development with .NET Technologies.
Salary to be commensurate with education and experience
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
University of Michigan - 6 months ago