Application Programmer III - Custom Application Programmer
Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Linthicum, MD Shift/Schedule: DAY
Department: IST: CAPITAL EPIC IP
Posted FTE: 1.0
Job Posting Category:
Hours of Work: M-F 8am-4p
Job ID #: 30217
License/Cert Required: Not Indicated
Specialty Type: Not Applicable
What You Will Do:
• Work with a team to design, build, test, and implement a wide variety of software projects.
• Modify, test, and maintain existing applications.
• Work with clients to gather and clarify requirements.
• Stay current with advances in software development and other relevant technologies.
• Extensive experience with SQL-style database queries. Prior experience with PL/SQL is a plus.
• Facile Unix/Linux skills including shell programming, automation via cron scheduling, and standard command line utilities (awk, sed, grep, sort, cut, etc).
• Real world experience with at least one of: C, C++, Java (other similar languages considered).
• Applicant should be comfortable writing code to perform common data manipulation tasks (e.g. writing a program to read a CSV file, filter its contents, and output in a different format).
• Real world experience with at least one of: Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, Tcl (other similar languages considered).
• Some database experience, including moderate to complex SQL queries.
• Good communication skills and the ability to work independently on multiple projects at the same time are a must.
What You Need to Be Successful:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience, three years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of educational requirement.
• Experience in the design and support of relational databases including use of SQL query techniques to access relational databases
Preferred Qualifications but not Required
• TCP/IP socket programming
• Oracle experience, especially PL/SQL
• Other database experience (SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.), especially schema design and stored procedures.
• Experience with health care research and clinical data
• Unix/Linux system administration and/or configuration
• Knowledge of or participation in one or more open source projects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
University of Maryland Medical Center - 13 months ago