Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
This is a full time, defined duration opportunity with the potential to be extended further, based on business need. You may also be eligible for the following benefits:
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tax-Saver Spending Accounts for Medical and Dental Care
The individual in this position will work on Fannie Mae's implementation of certain programs under the U.S. Department of the Treasury's ("Treasury") Making Home Affordable initiative. U.S. citizenship is required by Treasury for such individual, as is execution of a nondisclosure agreement and compliance with other Fannie Mae requirements per Treasury's guidelines.
Design and/or conduct test plans and scripts to test new, customized, or COTS software to ensure optimal performance of software before being put into production or installed in network environment. Test compatibility of new software with installed systems, networks, and technology platforms. Track errors, bugs, and the like in test data files for follow up and/or further testing.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications of applications in development to see how they can be developed into testable elements.
- Develop test script, test scenario, and test methodology and document for execution. May review and critique test scripts developed by less experienced staff and suggest improvements.
- Conduct tests of applications in production or in development, applications about to be migrated, or applications recently patched. May lead a test exercise involving less experienced staff.
- Document test results, and compile results of other testers into consolidated report for management, clients, applications staff. May perform regression or other analyses and present in project meeting.
- Evaluate testing methodologies and testing tools available in IT market, and advise management on adopting them.
- May test production software that had bugs or breakdowns in production. Test as appropriate and determine root causes and document for other technical staff to address.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Basic command of SQL and tools such as Toad
- Extensive experience with the operational execution of batches
- Experience testing data in Quality Center, QTP, ClearCase ,and ClearQuest
- Experience with UNIX and Autosys
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with business partners
- Works well both independently and with members in a highly matrix team environment
- Ability to think analytically, must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Please note: This position will span a pre-defined duration .
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...