Looking for a smarter career? IBM is the place to be. Here, you can cultivate your expertise, use your knowledge to the fullest extent, or re-invent yourself—without ever having to leave the company.
The Application Specialist is responsible for participating in the translation of the client's business requirements to define the structures of solutions and architectures, and can include systems, applications, and process components. The Application Specialist understands client needs, works in level of abstraction, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate business elements and information technology to address those needs. This includes working as a team member with client personnel to identify functional and non-functional requirements and working on the identification, justification and design of the client's solution.
The Application Specialist is expected to:
We are the world's largest IT and consulting company. Great opportunities abound. Build your portfolio while working on society's most pressing issues. They're at the top of our strategic agenda. From energy production to climate change, traffic congestion to health care, streamlined government processes to citizen collaboration and everything in between. We're not only leading the way in developing "green technology," we’re also leading a revolution in corporate responsibility and citizenship.
- Participate in multiple design activities, from requirement analysis to systems, applications and/or process design specifications. This position requires technical knowledge of at least one platform, process or architecture.
- Understand and apply knowledge of information technology and associated methods and tools to attain project / business unit objectives.
- Communicate with Project Managers, IT Specialists, and client professionals.
- Work effectively with other team members to understand customer needs and to design, evaluate and develop architectural solutions which meet those needs.
- Recognize and articulate problems related to solutions being developed and request reviews to minimize risks associated with proposed solutions.
- Prepare all required documentation indicating system functionality.
Join us as we enter a new era. Work with us as we make the world a smarter planet.
There is a tremendous mandate for positive change in the world, a change to the way that we interact with each other, with our environment, and with the systems that support us. At this critical moment with so much at stake, IBM is ready to be the smart leader - with top notch consultants delivering first class results. We have the resources to do this. Join IBM, and let's build a smarter planet.
At least 6 months experience in Object-oriented design and development methodologies
At least 6 months experience in Relational databases including DB2
At least 6 months experience in Architectures: Client/Server, Web servers, J2EE, Spring Framework
English: Basic knowledge
At least 2 years experience in Object-oriented design and development methodologies
At least 2 years experience in Relational databases including DB2
At least 2 years experience in Architectures: Client/Server, Web servers, J2EE, Spring Framework
At least 3 years experience in Excellent verbal and written communications skills
At least 2 years experience in Creativity and enthusiasm
At least 2 years experience in Self motivation and intiative
At least 2 years experience in Effective teamwork skills
English : Intermediate
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...