Since 1968, ABC Laboratories has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve human and animal health. As a member of the ABC team, you’ll work alongside respected technical experts dedicated to scientific excellence in a process driven regulatory compliant environment. Our laboratories are modern. Our instrumentation is state of the art. And our business is thriving, creating important career opportunities. More than 400 people are building their careers with ABC Laboratories. See what it’s like to do what you love and love where you live! Visit www.abclabs.com to learn more about our company and our community.
The Application Support Analyst will deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. Also, responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and/or improvements of software applications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the technical know how needed for implementing and maintaining business and laboratory software that are assigned.
- Some applications will be controlled within 21 CFR Part 11 policies.
- Write and/or review specific ABC required documentation such as SOPs necessary to support applications.
- Attends needed training to stay current with responsible applications as provided by vendors and other sources.
- Works with providers and outside consultants to leverage their technical expertise to support our current applications.
- Assist in providing the necessary training to operations (direct, or via ABC training coordinator or other tools) on the use of business and laboratory applications. Assist in the install, configure, unit test, and maintenance of the application software such as Sharepoint, CRM, PWA, Great Plains, and other application and/or data collection devices.
- Must maintain good working communications between Information Systems, Operations, Quality, and General Administration as it relates to all responsible applications.
- Review, test, and/or assist in administering configuration of application products (releases, product changes, service packs, upgrades, security, and critical fixes).
- Is an active member of the implementation team on user requirements, configuration, and implementation of CDS and LIMS and other applications within 21 CFR Part 11 policies.
- Provides customized coding or configuration arrangement required to best implement the CDS, LIMS and other software application within 21 CFR Part 11 policies.
- Assist in defining and developing requirements for data collection, calculation, review, and reporting of laboratory data suitable to facilitate and enhance laboratory operations within 21 CFR Part 11 policies
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 2 years experience and/or training Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 4 years experience and/or training.
- Previous experience in laboratory operations and computer science related activities is preferred.
ABC Laboratories regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.