Application Support Analyst - Midrange
Chase is a leader in the financial services industry, providing banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans, payment processing and investment services to 50 million customers - 1 out of every 6 Americans. As a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), we:
• serve 21 million households with consumer banking relationships
• lent $17 billion to small businesses in 2011
• are one of the nation's largest credit card issuers, with more than 64 million credit cards in circulation
• service 8 million mortgage and home equity loans
While we operate across a broad range of businesses, our mission at Chase is quite simple: to be the industry leader in customer service. Our employees put the firm's resources to work every day for our customers.
Chase offers a dynamic environment and the training and support to meet your full potential. Our company is widely recognized as a great place to work, to grow and to invest for the future. Join our team.
About Chase Card Services:
Chase Card Services is a key contributor to the JPMorgan Chase product platform, playing an integral role in the firm's powerful banking franchise. Today's card industry is complex, and Chase Card Services has almost 91 million open credit-card accounts and more than $137 billion in managed loans. Customers used Chase cards to meet more than $313 billion worth of their spending needs in 2010.
Chase continues to innovate despite a very difficult business environment, launching new products and services, such as Blueprint, Chase Sapphire and Ink from Chase, and earning a market leadership position in building loyalty and reward programs. Chase also offers credit card programs with many of the world's best brands. Through its merchant acquiring business, Chase Paymentech Solutions, Chase is one of the leading processors of credit card payments.
We are actively seeking a Application Support Analyst to support operations and development teams responsible for individual users as well as application monitoring, job scheduling, file transfers, outage management and account management.
The selected candidate will provide first level support and second level triage for the Card Services business applications, job scheduling, and file transfers for both the mainframe and distributed platforms. This includes code promotion, incident management, user access management, security access and controls, work request management, event console management, job scheduling and execution, file and database table management, transfer/load/extract data management, workload management, and application wellness checks, system performance management, capacity management, application and business data recovery, business resiliency (BRP) execution, and disaster recovery (DR).
The Application Support Analyst handles wide range of production support issues pertaining to Auto and Student Loan Applications.
Use effective research, solution analysis, concise documentation, effective written/verbal communication and problem solving skills.
Effectively convey root cause analysis of issues to software development staff for process/software changes.
Represent the Production Support organization on company-wide project teams. In this capacity, you will be required to be aware of process and software changes that impact production support, communicate project information to the production support staff and raise production support issues to the project team.
Prioritize workload, providing timely and accurate resolutions.
Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues.
Perform production support activities which involve assignment of issues/issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
Daily support with resolution of escalated tickets and will act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain.
Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field and/or financial/accounting related field
- Minimum 4 years of working knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, VB Script)
- Minimum 4 years of Windows and/or Unix background.
- Minimum 4 years of Control-M Job scheduling knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in working with virtual environments using VMware's virtualization products or other similar products
- Minimum 4 years of experience in using any Change Management, Incident management tools.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with SAN, NAS and Netbackup.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in using application monitoring tools like Tivoli Monitoring etc.,
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: professional, courteous, friendly, warm, empathic, level-headed and composed
- Flexible and adaptable to quick changing environment(s)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make swift, sound judgments
- Stable Work history
- Experience in Retail Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of IIS server, IBM MQ, MSMQ, BizTalk
US-OH-Columbus-Polaris McCoy Center / 54101
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...