NorthPoint®, a premier provider of software solutions and IT consulting services focused on the alternative investment sector, provides real business solutions that enrich and enhance the business process for hedge funds, funds of funds, credit funds, private equity groups, family offices, and alternative divisions of traditional asset managers. The NorthPoint Solutions Suite, consisting of our Trade Order Management, Portfolio and Risk Management, Data warehouse and Reporting, Security Master, and Compliance Solutions helps over 50 of the worlds leading investment management firms maximize returns, minimize risk and provide timely reporting to all stakeholders in network. As part of our continued growth and expansion, NorthPoint is currently seeking and Application Support Engineer/Manager to join our team.
Join the team.
Become a Subject Matter Expert.
Lead with experience and join NorthPoint Solutions.
We are currently seeking Application Support Developers. They will come from a software/application development background. A developer at their core, they will understand the infrastructure required to maintain and support what has been built. S/he will support NorthPoint’s proprietary operational platform for our FS clients. Responsibilities will involve the day to day management of incidents, maintenance, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis of applications. The selected candidates will have or gain demonstrated knowledge of key business processes, systems and the Company’s services. Preference will be given to candidates possessing financial services experience, but is not a requirement for consideration. Short-term, the developers will work out of our corporate HQ in NYC, but down the road will have the opportunity to work out of our new support center along RT-10 in NJ.
The scope of this role includes but is not limited to:
- Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to the proprietary platform and individual components.
- Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration, defect, misuse.)
- Liaise with other developers and product owners on corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
- Deployment of upgrades / fixes, code enhancements, and optimization
- Responding to direct and indirect inquiries based on existing and emerging SLAs
- Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of the applications
- Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
- Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls, emails and indirect inquiries in a timely fashion.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools.
- Ability to read, understand, and modify code (code-competency) for diagnosis, escalation and resolution.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Stored Procedures.
- Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts.
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
- Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
- General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Technical Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Approximately 3-5 years of professional experience
- C#, .NET (preferably WinForms or WPF)
- Strong Database (MS SQL) Development Skills
- Ability to lead a small, talented team of support engineers
- Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments
o Optional: ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis
Indeed - 22 months ago
NorthPoint is a leading business and technology consulting firm specializing in custom business applications and solutions that help clients...