The Application Support Specialist will take the lead in provisioning, training and enabling users of Certicas K-12 education data management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, and perform extensive database management tasks. The Application Support Specialist will play a key role in a cross-functional team of application developers and customer support professionals to onboard new customers, provide quality assurance, assist customers with user acceptance testing (UAT), and ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
The Application Support Specialist will have experience with SQL and database management, and will have strong customer service, communication and organizational skills. The Application Support Specialist position will report to the Vice President, Client Services and be located in the Austin, Texas area, at Certicas newest office location.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Lead the customer SaaS provisioning process, including database connectivity, user setup, UAT and roll-out of application functionality to customers; Deliver remote training to school district users of Certicas applications; Collaborate with Certicas front-line technical support personnel to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to customers data, databases and connectivity with the SaaS environment; Maintain planning and tracking systems, including schedules, spreadsheets and usage reports; Build relationships with customers and ensure their adoption of the applications and satisfaction over time; Collaborate with members of Certicas product development and client services teams; Provide input to market requirements and learning content; Provide periodic system updates and upgrades; Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with database software applications as an administrator or database manager;
- 5+ years in customer-facing roles with a software company or information technology services firm;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL;
- Strong knowledge of data models is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A Type A personality with a high degree of executive functioning who can manage multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and confidence;
- A customer-focused, self-starter and problem-solver who can make judgments and set priorities based on business strategy and customer urgency;
- Strong willingness to collaborate with colleagues and work on teams;
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; MS Project is a plus;
- Experience with SaaS is desirable;
- Experience in the K-12 education sector is a plus;
- Bachelors degree required; computer science major is a plus.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package
Certica Solutions, Inc. - 16 months ago