To perform all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle, including problem investigation, business analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and support as part of a technology team focused on support of our Asset Management organization. Position primarily consists of providing strong relational database skills and technical knowledge supporting our core Operational Data Store.
Major duties include:
1. Microsoft SQL Server database design, development, implementation and maintenance
2. The ideal candidate must be flexible and have strong verbal and written communication skills to facilitate prompt problem resolution.
3. The candidate will need to be able to work independently and within a small team.
4. The candidate is expected to build a strong rapport with the investment teams, operations personnel and information technology team members.
5. This candidate will be involved in longer term project implementation, in addition to smaller project tasks.
6. This role involves being included in an overnight processing support rotation for our core Operational Data Store which processes financial information overnight that is required for the start of the business day.
Who is our ideal candidate?
The candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and hold a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar curriculum.
Technical knowledge, experience and skill requirements desired are:
1. Between 6-15 years of application development experience.
2. Strong Microsoft SQL experience required (MS SQL2012/2008/2005). At least 6 years of relational database experience, Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
3. Experience with Database Design and implementation.
4. Experience with optimizing database performance and utilizing all MS SQL development tools to meet internal client requests
5. At least 4 years working with other Microsoft Development tools, including TFS, C#.NET, VB.NET, and/or ASP.NET.
6. Experience supporting job processing streams and scheduling environment is required.
7. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, while not required, is a plus.
8. Experience with messaging technology and concepts, while not required, is a plus.
Investment Management background is a strong plus but not required.
Experience developing financial applications and understanding financial concepts is desired but not required
Experience supporting and developing applications for Equity and/or Fixed Income investment groups specifically trading systems, trade order entry systems, decision support portfolio management systems, securities databases, financial accounting systems and/or databases is a strong plus.
What else can we tell you?
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics."
Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm .
If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 17 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...