The Application Systems Analyst II designs, manages, develops and supports enterprise and departmental applications and websites (either purchased or custom built) used by Joslin, including coordination of internal resources and efforts of external vendors.
- Under the direction of senior development team members, works with user communities to develop and prioritize detailed requirements for approved application projects, and communicates requirements to development team members.
- Participates in feasibility studies for proposed projects; develops potential high-level application architecture, proposes alternatives, estimates effort. Collaborates with the business unit to define high-level project requirements and to select vendors.
- Under the direction of senior development team members, participates in project management tasks as required for approved application development projects, including defining schedules and resource requirements, and review of deliverables for conformance to business requirements and Joslin standards.
- Serves as primary contact to update applications as requested by multiple departments to provide minor enhancements and bug fixes. Generates ideas for possible enhancements. Tests new areas of applications developed by project teams to ensure that new enhancements work.
- Works as an individual contributor on application projects to design, program, and deliver functioning application components, including executable programs, databases and web pages. Continually learns new programs and identifies new techniques and technologies that Joslin can use to improve its application portfolio.
- Assumes responsibility for an application's technical acceptance, based on agreed-upon success factors, including ease-of-use, maintainability, and performance constraints. Assumes responsibility for an application's operation and availability and accountability for any action taken on the application including installation through configuration, security and user permissions, upgrades and backups.
- Provides research and advice to Center staff on software, techniques and procedures to improve application ease-of-use, performance, data quality, and associated business processes. Trains application users (and works with other developers) within Joslin in the use of software applications and tools to provide application self-service by users where possible or appropriate (for example, to enhance reporting, or to monitor and correct application data quality). Resolves second level service requests relating to application behavior and performance.
- Provides primary technical administration of applications in coordination with relevant contractors, including outside hosting services, developers and other service providers.
- Performs systems configuration ensuring the integrity, reliability, security and performance of the application, its data, and its hardware.
- Monitors and manages hardware and software contracts, such as those involving outside hosting service and others.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an EEO M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Liberal Arts or equivalent experience.
- Four years of application development and/or application development management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
Joslin Diabetes Center - 16 months ago