Maintain the best and most reliable software solutions to help our clients improve business profitability, and improve efficiencies for our agency users as well as MSA users. Through partnerships, leadership, and innovation, we will strive to consistently meet or exceed our Client’s expectations. Translates business requirements into programming code. Analysis of changes and defects within MSA systems. Designs and documents changes to system including integration with other MSA Systems. Participates in the review of work being completed by development team to insure it meets standards. Implements new and modified systems, products, programs and processes. Participates in on-call responsibilities for proudction systems.
Role Education and Experience Requirements:
•Bachelor’s degree or comparable, progressive experience
•A minimum of 6 years experience in Property and Casualty insurance. Must have claims systems background experience.
•Technical Skills: Java, Scripting Languages Relational Databases (SQL Preferred)
•Knowledge of Software Package: Guidewire preferred
•Participant in multiple phases of an integrated system implementation
•Experience in systems development life cycle, including requirements gathering and design
•Strong collaborative skills: ability to work efficiently with other team members
•Excellent communication and customer focus skills; ability to work with users on issues and questions
•Well organized and able to prioritize prioritize and coordinate task and projects
•Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving ability
• Analytical Thinking/Decision Making - Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
• Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business.
• Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
• Relationship Building - Initiates, develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
• Drive for Results - Continuously focused on achieving/exceeding goals and objectives. Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard to achieve them.
• Application Maintenance - Knowledge of and experience with defining, implementing changes to, and supporting a production application.
• Problem Management - Knowledge of the process, tools, and ability to identify root causes of problems and bring them to a successful resolution.
• Application Development Tools - Knowledge of a variety of specific tools and toolkits for development and support of applications.
• IT Standards, Procedures, Policies - Knowledge and ability to use and administer the organization's technology practices, standards and procedures.
• IT Service Change Management - Knowledge of processes, practices and tools for effectively managing changes to the production or live services environment.
• IT Service Management - Knowledge of processes, practices, disciplines and tools needed to ensure that IT services are provided as agreed between the customer and IT provider.