Edison Mission Marketing & Trading (EMMT), based in Boston, Massachusetts, conducts price risk management and energy trading activities for its parent organization, Edison Mission Energy (EME), based in Santa Ana, California. EME is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in the business of developing, acquiring, owning or leasing, operating and selling energy and capacity from independent power production facilities.
EMMT is a data intensive organization and relies on timely, accurate and consistent delivery of information to our business community. The Lead Applications Analyst – Informatica Architect will be responsible for ensuring integration of transactional systems and our data warehousing program. The candidate will lead internal and external resources in the implementation of solutions for data integration. Additionally, the Lead Applications Analyst may provide consultation to users in the area of business information systems and/or lead cross-functional teams to address business or systems improvement opportunities.
(these duties must be performed in the job; however, additional duties may be assigned)
- Leads the implementation of effective solutions in data integration.
- Identifies requirements, defines scope, performs cost benefit analysis, and develops conceptual specifications to address complex business issues and problems.
- Maintains consistent contact with clients, vendors, and other systems personnel at management and non-management levels to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Partner with development resources to define, develop, test and deliver quality work products.
- Work closely with Data Warehouse architect to drive adoption and efficiencies.
- Apply ability to grasp business concepts in developing an understanding of the business uses of company data. Translate these use cases into technical database designs.
- Work with end users to publish data to solve business requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user system problems. Must be willing to apply both tactical and strategic principles to resolution process. Goal is to “Fix It Once, Fix It Right”.
- Delivers value through on-going end-user and/or technical support (Documentation, creation and presentation of training materials, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong commitment to Continuous Improvement in the areas of process and technology. Leverages EME tools and technologies to their fullest extend to maximize value to the business.
- Leads and conducts analysis and research of new database and integration technologies and recommends appropriate alternatives in support of the organization’s strategic direction or resolution of business issues.
- Leverages leadership skills to provide functional and technical direction to other Applications Analysts and direct work of project teams.
- Manage project delivery through strong adherence to project governance methodologies.
- Strong ability to translate data use cases into ETL Workflows leveraging both batch and event driven solutions.
- Work closely with business community and system architects to understand data needs and translate requirements into integration workflows with appropriate monitoring controls.
- Knowledge of the following tools required
- Informatica Power Center and Power Exchange
- Oracle SQL development using PL/SQL
- Oracle database design – dimensional modeling, star schemas
- Knowledge of the following tools or equivalent desired
- Informatica integration for 3 rd party data provider solutions
- Microsoft SQL development using Transact SQL
- Ability to recognize performance bottlenecks in workflows and to direct performance tuning efforts.
- Must possess strong technical architecture skills, with the ability to work independently while remaining closely tied with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide technical leadership on projects. The candidate must be familiar with the basic processes of project management and be able to adhere and enforce these processes.
- Build strong relationships with technical and consulting partners. Must have strong communications and listening skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 4 to 7 years experience developing and supporting ETL integration solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in Energy, Commodities, Finance, Risk Management or related field preferred.
- Ideal candidate will be experienced providing solutions for highly analytical and sophisticated data users, in a fast paced, rapidly evolving business environment.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a lead capacity on IT projects.
Edison Mission Group - 30+ days ago