The GC Accessories Chemist performs applications research and method development for new and existing products in support of gas chromatographic accessories. The position requires an understanding of different GC instrument platforms and the consumables that are used in common GC instrumentation. The position will work with cross-functional groups within Restek to develop and test products for introduction to the market. The position will also provide technical marketing support for new and existing products. This position is located in Central, Pa.
Job Duties :
1. Conduct applications research and method development on new and existing products. Develop, test, and introduce products in assigned areas and meet established targets for new products. Assist with manufacturing planning and capacity studies and the optimization of new product manufacturing processes
2. Work with internal departments, vendors, external customers, sales representatives and instrument companies to identify new product opportunities and develop relationships that promote and enhance Restek’s technology. Assist with product development including market analysis, sales forecasting, pricing strategy, and vendor support.
3. Write experience reports and document all research and modifications to products or processes. Complete and implement new product instructions sheets, testing parameters, specifications, and other required documentation for new products. Write and/or review material for the introduction of products, including technical articles and marketing plans.
4. Provide or assist with training for new products or processes as required.
5. Provide technical service to customers and Restek distributors, and participate in internal programs to service customers as required. Write or assist with applications articles, including technical service notes and applications briefs, to support the technical service group.
6. Work with marketing to test and evaluate new or re-sale products to ensure they meet Restek’s quality standards. Provide analytical support for market applications.
7. Represent Restek at trade shows, customer sites, and trainings; including presentation of technical papers, posters, seminars or workshops on pertinent technical subjects and/or being present at meeting exhibit areas to support the marketing representatives. Establish relationships with customers through visits with sales representatives, phone conversations, and specialized product follow-ups to obtain applications information and product performance data. Review and draft literature used to market Restek products as requested.
8. Answer customer inquiries relating to area of expertise, specifically any call transfers from primary technical service personnel or customer service representatives.
9. Participate in continuous learning and education to keep current with industry and grow knowledge and skills in area of work.
10. Practice safe working procedures and follow guidelines specified by the Environmental Health and Safety Department, especially when working in production and laboratory areas. Understand the safe handling of materials and the quality of processes under the domain of the job responsibilities.
11. Follow Restek’s core values and set an example for others.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other related science or Associate’s degree in related science with at least 2 years of specific experience in chemistry or a lab environment.
Restek Corporation was formed in October, 1985, by Paul Silvis, a chromatographer with a different Vision. In this Vision employees are...