Position: Applications Chemist / Formulation Chemist (Oil Fields)
Reports To: Director of Derivatives Technology
Location: Chicago, IL (Area)
Compensation: Salary $ 80,000+/- plus Bonus (Commensurate with Experience)
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
Is a manufacturer of high quality, naturally derived specialty chemicals with strengths in surfactants, emulsifiers, performance additives and other organic applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- The incumbent is responsible for the development of specialized product applications for assigned markets and to support the overall objectives and efforts of the market’s associated Business Group.
- Effective communication both internally with sales & marketing and externally with customers is critical to this position.
- Incumbent will use specialized technical writing skills and verbal communication skills to interface with engineers and scientists, and to develop materials that can be published in journals and presented at tradeshows and conferences.
Develop formulations for the assigned markets incorporating Company products as ingredients. Develop/collect/catalog performance data and chemical and physical properties data relevant to formulations and ingredients. Gather and assess competitive product data and industry trends. Benchmark Company products versus competitive products. Initiate applications development or improvements to existing products, as appropriate. Support customers by answering technical questions pertaining to Company ingredients, troubleshoot customer formulations, and recommend ingredients, as appropriate. Host customer visits when required, and provide written reports of any tests performed during the visit. Technical writing requirements include providing test reports, developing and writing support materials, and technical and marketing papers and documents in collaboration with marketing personnel. Travel is required on an as-needed basis. Travel includes customer support and tradeshows. Telephone technical support. Communicate effectively with customers and prospects and document all calls. Coordinate with laboratory staff for analytical testing needs, testing of formulations, development of process monitoring tests, etc. Document all laboratory work and tests performed in a laboratory notebook.
Education and/or Experience :
About The River Group
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of two years industrial experience or equivalent.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Computer proficiency: MS Office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook) required.
- Chemistry — Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations
Monster - 17 months ago