GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
Job Duties :
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in government operations and application development.
- Visual Basic (VBA)
- TS/SCI Security Clearance
Essential Duties of the Job :
- Work closely with an existing client delivery team providing SharePoint, InfoPath, Access, and Visual Basic development services to a Department of Defense client.
- Support activities include SharePoint development, administration and issue resolution, application integration and content migration, system documentation, and expansion of analytics and business intelligence.
- Develop SharePoint, InfoPath, and Visual Basic solutions to meet business needs. Cultivate and integrate dashboards and migrate content into SharePoint. Transfer data and utilities from other existing applications.
- Develop and integrate Performance Point dashboards and act as POC for applications and datasets, as needed.
- Perform additional database development and application integration activities supporting Web services and play a role in process development and refinement.
- Productive team player, capable of performing basic through complex, SharePoint, InfoPath, Access and Visual Basic development services.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to emphasize a desire to provide high quality customer service. (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Project, Visio)
- Operational knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure.
- Understanding of web and non-web Architecture and Infrastructure frameworks a plus.
- Knowledge regarding systems development life cycle and data center operations would be beneficial
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events