Cincinnati, OH, USA
An Applications Engineer develops strong relationships with the industrial clients (manufacturing, distribution, etc.) in a geographical area and provides them with exceptional material handling and
automation solutions to meet their business requirements. The engineered solutions require an excellent understanding of material flow, information flow, and general business processes.
Superior Performance Objectives:
- Our customers are very happy with the engineered solutions and the overall service provided.
- Great teamwork with the inside sales staff, administrative coordinators, and sales management.
- Excellent representation of all of our key supplier's products and services within your territory.
- Ability to close sales (strategic selling). Exceeding the annual sales goals (metrics).
- Penetrates new target accounts.
- Creative engineering to provide superior solutions for our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Technical sales experience in the industrial sector a plus.
- Material Handling automation design and sales experience a plus.
- CAD experience (AutoCad) a plus.
- Passion to succeed in a commission based incentive structure.
- Loves designing and engineering creative solutions
- Persistent. Not easily discouraged if a sale is lost.
- Loves meeting people and building relationships.
- Detailed oriented.
- Organized. Excellent on time management.
- Responsive to requests.
- Positive, Energetic, and Optimistic
- Comfortable operating independently, autonomously
- Strong sense of customer service. (Servant's heart)
- Team player.
- Ambition and desire to succeed.
- Develop strong relationships with our customers through timely, regular visits.
- Promote Bastian in all appropriate forums.
- Target key accounts and then penetrate them.
- Sell a wide variety of products and services to meet your customer's needs.
- Occasionally take on a few National Accounts that may be out of your geographical area.
- Master product information through training and personal efforts.
- Provide professional quotes in a timely manner. Fill out sales orders completely, both product and pricing information.
- Master business technology (AutoCad, CRM, Power Point presentations, etc.).
- Plan strategies for territory penetration/account management.
- Pursue various professional Certification/GA Tech Logistics Certification
- Pursue leads from our Web Site and suppliers within 4 business days.
- Maintain customer database information current in our CRM.
- Communicate with other Bastian team members effectively. Keep your coordinator advised of your schedule through Outlook. Check and use voice mail diligently. Maintain the team relationship.
- Communicate strategic information regarding suppliers, customers and competition.
- Attend weekly sales meeting and other scheduled meetings.
- Network with business contacts within the territory (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, service organizations, government business resources, etc.).
Bastian Solutions is an independent system integrator dedicated to helping our customers increase their productivity through proven...