Impinj's Applications Engineers are key players in ensuring our customers' success by providing technical support and domain expertise. Application engineers provide reference application designs, aid in the development of customer applications, and provide post-sales support. This role will focus on supporting Impinj’s Monza tag and Indy reader chip products. This Applications Engineer will aid customers in integrating Monza silicon into tag inlay designs, embedding Indy reader chips into a broad set of applications, help to optimize the manufacturing process, and understand the customer requirements in order to communicate external needs back to the Impinj marketing team. A fundamental understanding of RF and silicon is needed to field questions about tag inlay antenna development, optimizations, and yield improvement.
- Troubleshoot customer issues such as silicon damage during manufacturing.
- Provide technical guidance on schematic and PCB layouts using best practices at 900MHz.
- Provide technical guidance on RF antenna usage and impact to system link margins.
- Help educate our customers about new functionality of tag silicon and the implications of physical and electrical design characteristics.
- Generate and maintain product application notes and other documentation.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Help customers optimize antenna designs for Monza silicon.
- Forge and maintain relationships with customers, especially within technical groups.
- Provide training and ongoing technical support.
- Train Field Application Engineers and Sales teams on new products and technologies.
- Demonstrate the market-leading performance of Impinj's RFID products to potential customers and partners.
- Represent customers' interests to sales, marketing, design, and manufacturing groups.
- Develop expertise on Impinj and competitive products in various applications' environments.
- Build knowledge base on the key applications for Impinj's RFID products.
- Benchmark products against the competition.
- Answer customer support questions.
- Maintain a knowledgebase of best practices and frequently asked questions.
- Lead the resolution of customer issues.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- BSEE or related degree and 5+ years experience in RF/silicon engineering or related role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience in software and scripting.
- Knowledge of basic design practices for silicon products.
- Knowledge of basic antenna design and real-world application tradeoffs.
- Familiar with basic radio communication theory and block level functions of transmitters\receivers such as filters, amplifiers, frequency generators, and mixers.
- Experience with the following test equipment: Logic analyzer, Vector Network Analyzer, Oscilloscope, and Spectrum analyzer.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with customers, mapping requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% including international travel.
The ability to travel – both domestically and internationally – is required. The ability to fly on commercial aircraft and drive long distances (5+ hours) is required for applications engineering roles within Impinj.
- Prior RFID or wireless experience.
- Experience working with UHF RF systems.
Apply To This Job
Impinj - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard