Do you enjoy working with the latest and greatest technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to share your vast experience in manufacturing with a bright energetic group of Applications Engineers? This is a chance to put your knowledge to the test.
Makino is seeking an Applications Engineer Team Lead for our Mason, Ohio location. The Applications Engineer is responsible for managing a team of Applications Engineers and Project Leaders on various projects as well as reviewing and analyzing various customer manufacturing requirements. This is an opportunity to see how far you can stretch your manufacturing knowledge. Are you up to the task?
This role is responsible for :
- Lead the team’s efforts in providing technical solutions and offering guidance to project leaders and applications engineers as required on specific projects.
- Managing and mentor a team of personnel responsible for turnkey execution by performing personnel evaluations, recommending salary actions and managing a cost center budget.
- Providing for staffing requirements, personnel issues, technical guidance and assistance with customer negotiations as required.
- Reviewing and analyzing various customers’ manufacturing requirements.
- Monitoring the execution of turnkey projects ranging from single, stand-alone machine turnkeys to multi-machine, multi-million-dollar turnkey systems.
- Assuring compliance by the team in following the documented procedures for turnkey project execution.
- Reviewing turnkey project costs and proposals for content in regard to fixture, tool and engineering.
- Providing process training (including machine options, programming, cell operations) at Makino and at the customer’s facility.
- Supporting the marketing and sales group as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and 5 years or more related experience; supervisory experience is a must
- Technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience leading a project
- Rational decision-making skills and good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Application and operational knowledge of CNC equipment
- Ability to explain to customer Makino’s processing technology
- Detailed knowledge of CNC part programming preferred
- Willingness to travel, at times extensively
Makino is EOE.
Indeed - 10 months ago