Job Summary :
This role will be responsible for leading the technical efforts to grow the overall use and adoption of Performance and Filtration (PFM) minerals for use in filtration applications. Along with marketing and sales functions, this role will be responsible for developing and executing the growth strategy in filtration within the Filtration Business Unit.
This role is focused on growth with approximately 80% of its time focused on new product development programs. Work collaboratively with multiple global divisions within Imerys.
Domestic travel required: up to 30%
International travel required: 3-4 times per year
Key Tasks and Responsibilities :
Education and Experience :
- Help to maintain and continuously improve R&A filtration lab. Highly applied approach to the study and development of next generation filter aids.
- Supervise, at a minimum, one technical specialist.
- Highly applied approach to filter aids and filtration testing in lab environments.
- Work closely with customers to gain clear voice of customer.
- Establish and harvest relationships with external labs and universities.
- Be visible and present at technical symposiums and industry meetings to represent Imerys.
- Technical applications lead for new product development and launch (deliverables and timelines per stage gate process).
- Acquire and translate voice of customer requirements into actionable new business opportunities.
- Global filtration NPD focus.
- Good computer, writing, presentation and supervisory skills.
- Proven ability to perform within project timeline constraints.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- PhD and 5+ years in Filtration technology or BS chemical engineering + 10 years in Filtration technology development.
- Minimum 5 years lab experience.
- Broad knowledge and experience of the following is useful: filtration technology and market intelligence, extensive network within the filtration segment.
- Fantastic interpersonal, project management (e.g. stage gate) and team-working skills.
- Fluent English reading, writing, and speaking skills required. Multiple language skills desirable.
- Computer skills: Extremely proficient at MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Strong reasoning ability – ability to logically, methodically, and expeditiously sort through multiple scenarios and options.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing situations and scenarios.
- Team-playing skills – ability to make good judgments and confidently work with and through others to reach solutions, drive growth and implement recommendations.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills are critical.
- Ability to function in a highly technical environment with customers , sales and marketing professionals, and other Research & Applications Scientists .
- Extremely strong communication skills – both verbal and written form, in addition to the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with upper management, colleagues and direct reports. Ability to manage without any formal authority.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
Imerys - 20 months ago
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...