Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
We are looking for talented healthcare IT consultants with electronic health record (EHR) / electronic medical record (EMR) experience to join our team. As a Consultant with GCREC you will have the ability to play an instrumental role in assisting healthcare clients in a variety of challenging projects that will make a meaningful positive impact on their ability to provide safe, high quality, accessible health care.
LOCATION: Greater San Antonio, TX Area; Houston, TX; Rio Grande Valley
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience with system and business workflow analysis and design.
- Ability to analyze and document future state operation specifications and application functionality.
- Experience defining, documenting/communicating, and prioritizing business requirements.
- Ability to develop and execute business/system test plan, test conditions and test cases.
- Ability to provide clear description of problems/issues for complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to present options for problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues from end-users during training, go-live and stabilization periods.
- Ability to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Able to quickly understand clinical or business operations for ambulatory or acute care settings
- High degree of self-motivation, integrity, versatility and flexibility.
- Progressive experience managing or participating in complex IT and operational projects in a healthcare setting.
This position can be filled at either level dependent upon qualifications:
Applications Support Analyst II:
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field (or relevant experience in lieu of education) and three (3) years of experience in clinical applications support.
Applications Support Analyst III:
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field (or relevant experience in lieu of education) and five (5) years of experience in clinical applications support.
Strong analytical skills.
Significant knowledge of/experience with at least two major clinical, financial and transaction processing systems (e.g. EPIC, McKesson, Cerner, SSI, Meditech etc.) or knowledge of/experience with at least two ambulatory systems (e.g. eCW, Allscripts, GE Centricity, Greenway, e-MD, Athena etc.)
- Willingness to perform many levels of project work, sometimes simultaneously.
- Abilty to successfully manage vendor interactions/relationships.
- An in-depth subject matter expertise and dedication to remaining current with industry changes and advances.
- EHR / EMR system certification.
- Experience with ICD-10, HIPAA 5010, Meaningful Use, HIE projects.
- Experience with, or strong knowledge of, healthcare clinical or outpatient/ambulatory operations
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...