Revolution Analytics is an innovative and fast-growing company at the forefront of predictive analytics. In the training department, we are creating the Academy for R, world ’s most powerful tool for data management and graphics. The era of big data where organizations compete on analytics has arrived. According to the McKinsey report on big-data, by 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills. R is one of the key technologies that enable this transformation. |
Revolution Analytics is in need of experienced instructional designer to lead the curriculum design in applying data science to solve business problems in a variety of industries. The Curriculum Designer will be responsible for proactively identifying training needs, presenting recommendations and delivering learning solutions with innovation and creativity.
The designer works with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and develop training interventions that incorporate best practices in behavioral and cognitive sciences to effectively address business problems.
- Facilitate discovery meetings and conduct surveys and interviews to confirm job performance needs and translate those needs into concrete options for learning interventions
- Articulate how the specific training interventions interrelate with other industry accepted professional standards
- Work with business partners to define learning solution objectives to ensure the impact can be measured and is linked to business goals
Test, Stabilize, and Evaluate
- Facilitate design session with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and project teams
- Contribute to solution definition by leveraging expertise via methods such as prototyping and brainstorming
- Create role-based training roadmaps based on emerging technologies and business trends.
- Create project documentation including the design templates, standards, style guides, technical specifications, and pilot materials.
- Design and evaluate strategies to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of learning solutions on performance
- Suggest design improvements that will yield better performance results.
- Identify and validate the content by working with subject matter specialists
- Collaborate with the media developers and Subject Matter Specialist (SMS) early in the project to ensure quality and accurate development of all media
- Conduct Unit Testing to verify all graphic, video and content-learning objects are in place and functioning properly
- Perform Functional Quality Assurance on courses before they are released for delivery
- Conduct post evaluation assessments to gauge training effectiveness.
- Evaluate training trends and needs based on data gathered from the LMS. Propose learning enhancements/improvements based on the outcomes.
Good to have skills
- Education or equivalent experience in Instructional design/training or cognitive sciences.
- Knowledge of video and audio production (off-the-shelf) preferred
- Experienced scriptwriter with expertise in creating complex, realistic scenarios for videos and audios (off-the-shelf) preferred
- Proven track record innovating, preferably in regards to performance-based, engaging Web/computer-based and/or classroom training
- Excellent creative and analytical skills and the ability to convert information and needs into practical training deliverables
- Proven superior writing skills, including the ability to write concise, creative and effective instruction
- Demonstrated research and analysis skills
- Strong consulting capability with strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Familiar with current learning and performance improvement industry standards, approaches, and innovations
- Excellent computer skills including competent operation of authoring learning software/tools and LMS
- Advanced degree in statistics or quantitative discipline.
- Familiarity with statistical software such as R.
- Experience in quantitative intensive industries such as finance, marketing, insurance, and life sciences
Revolution Analytics is an innovative and fast-growing company at the forefront of predictive analytics. We are always looking for qualified...