Work involves performing business personal property discovery, appraisals and physical inspections. Ensures the accurate and lawful valuation of personal property in the county based on that information.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or related field and/or two years work experience in business personal property appraisal or any combination of education and experience that demonstrate possession of the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willing to travel throughout the county.
- Attend and successfully complete continuing education courses offered under the Property Tax Education Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Taxation, Property Valuation preferred.
- Three years experience in Business Personal Property Process
- Three years experience in Tax Collections
- Basic Mapping Certificate
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Work is medium in nature involving sitting, standing, walking and driving. Work is 30% in the office and 70% in field.
Work is performed in an office environment and travel within the county will be required.
Other Important Requirements and Information:
No written or performance examination will be required for this position. Applicants are screened and certified based on an evaluation of their education, training, experience and other requirements as outlined in this Position Announcement and denoted on their Job Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT/POST OFFER DRUG SCREENING
Shelby County is committed to providing and maintaining a drug-free work environment. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, applicants are required to pass a drug test conducted at a test site designated by Shelby County.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK
As a condition of employment, all new hires and rehires are required to undergo a complete background check. Background checks may be processed before or after an offer of employment is extended, but before the hire is placed into service with Shelby County.
Shelby County, Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.