The primary function of the apprentice technician is to learn through classes and hands on training how to perform routine mechanical repairs on construction equipment.
- Learn / utilize safety practices associated with shop operations and usage of various types of shop equipment and shop tooling. Learn required PPE for different shop situations.
- Learn and understand basic business concepts associated with the service department. Learn and complete proper service documentation as required. This will include time entry, service reports, part order forms and returns, core tags and warranty tags,
- Exposure / utilization of the Caterpillar information systems to assist with diagnostics, troubleshooting, assembly/disassembly process, ordering parts, etc.
- Learn / utilize logical troubleshooting procedures using information provided in the Cat network or from external sources. This information should include computer diagnostics, troubleshooting guides, wiring schematics and disassembly / assembly guidelines.
- Use hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test.
- Perform routine repairs on construction equipment.
- Use hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment, drains fluids into tubs, cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer.
- Climb up onto, under, & into equipment, uses hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble equipment.
- Assist other GPEC technicians with larger equipment repairs.
Must have a high school education or GED.
Must be mechanically inclined and have good basic knowledge obtained through schooling or work experience;
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs; Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 100 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders; Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems; Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information; Capable of learning and understanding technical information, service manuals and reports;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard