Nangwik Services, LLC. is currently seeking a
to provide translation services in a variety of forms. Linguist will provide cryptologic language training to military and civilian personnel. Working with the Project Manager and Language and Training Content Manager, develop and integrate language training materials, technologies, and methods into existing training programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
1. Provides translation and language related services in a variety of forms including, but not limited to: transcripts, gists, reports, oral recordings, posters, and signs.
2. Provides global language, cryptologic language, and cultural training to military forces and civilian personnel via traditional classroom instruction, written materials, technology based instruction, distributed learning services, and OJT.
3. Develops new global and cryptologic training materials, curriculum, and courseware for approval of US Government.
4. Working with the Language and Training Content Manager and customers, researches and integrates new language training technologies, software, and methodologies into customers’ existing training programs.
5. Objectively track student progression and report effectiveness of training to Language and Training Content Manager.
6. Integrate new Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC) curriculum and materials in a timely manner.
7. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. Native preference under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interagency Language Round Table (ILRT) level 3 Arabic/Yemini and an advanced working proficiency in English (ILRT level 2+ based on the DLPT 4).
- Write and speak target language in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation.
- Ability to produce idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to target language and vice versa.
- Ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translations/interpretation of on-going conversations/activities.
- Ability to effectively train others in global language, cryptologic language, and culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired. High school/GED degree required.
- 2 or more years of experience in producing translation and language related services.
- 1 or more year’s experience providing language or related instruction. Military cryptologic language instructor experience preferred.
- Must hold a TS/SCI clearance with current SSBI.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledgeable in Distributed Learning and E-learning, Web-based language learning and testing programs.
United States-Florida-Hurlbert Field
Chenega Corporation - 17 months ago
Chenega prides itself on providing industry leading market driven compensation, a comprehensive benefits program that is tuned to the market...