OPEN SOURCE INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
The analysts shall conduct Open Source intelligence (OSINT) gathering, while deployed to area of responsibility (defined as Algeria, Tunisia, Mali, Mauritania, Senegal, Morocco, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, and Chad). Analysts will utilize the following media to conduct collection; print, internet (but not JIHADIST websites), radio, television, and local populace. Analysts will also conduct interpretation during priority US engagements with Partner Nations. The analysts may travel with tactical units to supply immediate force protection through knowledge of local language and culture.
- Must speak English and French at a Interagency Language Roundtable skill level of 3.
- Must speak either Hasanya or Maghrebi Arabic at a Interagency Language Roundtable skill level of 3 for interpretation performance.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google earth
- Must be capable of reading English, French and Arabic at a Interagency Language Roundtable skill level of 3
- Bachelors degree in a related field and 4 years of specialized experience; or
- 8 years of specialized experience; a minimum of three years operational experience supporting Special Operations Forces (SOF) and/or OGA Counter Terrorism Operations.
- At least 3 years translating documents, conversations and media into English.
- At least 3 years interpreting during meetings, training and special operations.
- At least two years working on the continent of Africa in target areas.
- At least 3 years in supporting tactical and operational environments.
- Minimum of 3 years writing reports and information papers to support OSINT collection