Veteran Arabic-MSA Cryptologic Linguists shall perform voice tasks at final quality control level on transcripts and translations, ensuring that the final product is a faithful and accurate rendition of the original material and shall provide on-line assistance to other linguists.
Veteran Cryptologic Linguists shall also perform graphic tasks and produce accurate and polished translations during final quality control, ensuring that the final version maintains fidelity to the content and style of the original text and shall produce final summaries from various sources of printed traffic and written communications.
• Transcribe spoken language into either target language or a machine-compatible transliteration system
• Translate spoken language or graphic materials into modern American English in either verbatim or gisted format
• Categorize, prioritize, and scan foreign materials and assign disposition codes in accordance with established guidance
• Draft of SIGINT report as requested
• Review and analyze foreign language materials in light of other source information
• Provide quality control of translated (verbatim and/or gisted) level 3 materials
• Share language expertise
• Participate in analyst-to-analyst exchanges, seminars, and conferences
• Travel in support of the above tasks when requested
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum HS/GED is required. Having an AA is preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
Veteran Arabic-MSA Linguists are characterized as personnel who take maximum advantage of the research tools and resources available. They know how to perform their assigned tasks smoothly and efficiently. They shall be the focal points for coordinating the organization of resources and information in support of the mission and operational requirements. They shall serve as a final contractor authority on the summaries, translations, and transcripts produced. They shall act as coaches and mentors to those linguists having less experience, training, and project knowledge; shall provide them with timely and appropriate feedback, and identify the most feasible and suitable approaches for operational training.
• Minimum of 10 years total cryptologic and/or relevant experience and 10 years of experience with Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
• Minimum of a level L3/R3 in Arabic-MSA in the required skills (translation from audio or graphic material) defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR)
• Sufficient English speaking skills to effectively produce well-written and accurate gists, summaries, translation, and reports in American English
• Native or near-native competency in the foreign language, excellent command of its grammar, construction, and syntax and cultural knowledge of the target language's environment
• Extensive experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields
• Basic data entry and word processing skills and the ability to use advanced language software programs
• Basic Internet research skills
US Citizenship required
TS/SCI clearance with current SSBI and CI Polygraph required
Since 2001, corporate, government and non-profit clients worldwide turn to MultiLingual Solutions, Inc. (MLS) as their strategic partner for...