We are currently seeking an Architect to join our Texas Region Architectural team in Dallas. As an Architect, you are responsible for exercising independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques.
- Analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, specifications, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent and well executed.
- Leads team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level architects or technicians.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and documents appropriately. Prepares, coordinates and reviews the schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Communicates with client representatives to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provide support as necessary.
- Performs product research; assists project designers with material selection and system research.
- Coordinates with project managers, clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems, respond to requests for information, clarifications, and modifications, obtain approvals, negotiations and adjusting scope of services.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project. May lead this effort.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- May provide assistance in connection with expertise in particular building types, component, material, element, or building code.
- May assist team in construction administration document management.
- Prepares meeting minutes for consultant coordination meetings.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
- May prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years creative design experience required, preferably with large, complex projects.
- Registered Architect with current license preferred.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation required; LEED AP preferred.
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.
HOK - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
HOK has designs on your project -- but in this case, that's a good thing. The global architectural company provides planning, design,...