With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Architect – Digital Services Platform
Business Transformation and Information Services
High Level Job Description:
Warner Music Group (WMG) intends to implement a new Digital Services Platform to replaces the company’s existing diversity of enterprise IT systems with a unified - cloud service based - operating platform. Additionally, the DSP will be designed to facilitate rapid, low cost experimentation and innovation in new direct-to-artist and direct-to-consumer services.
WMG is now seeking an Architect who will be responsible for overall product architecture and implementing standards/guidelines for the product/platform. The Architect reports directly to the SVP DSP Engineering who has direct responsibility to the CTO. Staff Engineers work with the Lead Engineer and Architect working on
The DSP is a cloud services architecture designed to deliver all of WMG’s service needs via a device agnostic ‘Software as a Service’ delivery model.
The Architect will be responsible for ensuring successful and consistent implementation of standards through code delivered by the Engineering Team. The Architect will also work with other Architects to ensure that all other products and projects are in alignment with theirs.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Standards Definitions and Guidelines
- Implementation of Specifications for APIs/Interfaces and working with RE (QA/Test)
- Collaborating with Engineering Leads to ensure that Code matches conveyed Standards
- Estimating Sprint Tasks, Times, and Deliverables with Product Manager and Engineering Team
- Leading Daily Standups
- Holding Code Reviews with Engineering Leads and Engineers
- Ensuring Services, Interfaces, and Integrations are consistent
- Secondary Scrum Master
- Proven track record in Engineering and Designing Solutions
- Proven experience with Agile (experience with both Scrum and Kanban preferred)
- Experience working with distributed teams including on-shore, near-shore, and off-shore
- Experience coding in JVM based language(s) and/or Ruby
- Experience in TDD based Development
- Java Spring or JRuby
- SOA, Distributed Systems, Messaging, ESB, or Grid Experience a Plus
- Startup experience preferred
- Experience Managing SaaS based products is a plus
- 10+ years in software development, with progressively more senior roles
- Bachelors Degree (But not necessarily in Computer Science or related discipline)
Warner Music Group - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -