The New York (Mid-town Manhattan) office of WJE is seeking extraordinary, upcoming recent and new graduates for Architectural Engineering Associate positions. Hands-on experience guaranteed.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is an interdisciplinary firm of architects, structural engineers, and materials scientists that specializes in the investigation, analysis, testing, and design of repairs for historic and contemporary structures. WJE focuses on delivering practical, innovative, and technically sound solutions across all areas of construction technology. Since the firm's founding more than fifty-five years ago, WJE specialists bring the collective experience gained from conducting more than seventy-five thousand investigations worldwide to every construction challenge. WJE combines state-of-the-art laboratory and testing facilities, nationwide offices, and knowledge sharing systems to provide solutions for the built world.
WJE’s services include:
- Failure Investigation and Analysis
- Historic Preservation
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural and Architectural Assessments
- Repair and Rehabilitation Design
- Construction Materials Evaluation
Our vision starts with people who want to be the standard setters and who realize there are always new standards to set. As such, WJE looks to recruit staff with certain non-negotiable qualities, C2E2, Character, Commitment, Expertise, and Enthusiasm.
- Master’s degree in architecture or architectural engineering; related experience optional
- An interest in building technology, investigating and solving problems in existing structures, rather than in new design
- Must have excellent grades, academic, and professional references
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills
- Research skills
- Strong computer skills including CAD, structural analysis programs and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in the field
- Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local workload and project locations
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Energy and Enthusiasm - Consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity
- Attention to Detail - Careful and quality oriented
- Communication - Clearly conveys information, excellent writing skills
- Assumes Responsibility - Self-starter, willing to interact as a team player, and take independent initiative. Works proactively in solving problems; makes self available and takes action beyond normal responsibilities
- Interest in WJE work - Has traditional structural / architectural engineering training and skills combined with a passion for fixing problems with existing structures rather than new design
WJE is a firm of structural engineers, architects, and materials scientists specializing in the investigation, testing, and design of...