Position: Architect - Cloud & Virtualization Services
We are a network and software service provider in the exciting and rapidly-developing Machine-to-Machine (M2M) area. We are experiencing tremendous growth in the marketplace and we are looking to add talent and leadership to our workforce. Come help us invent the Internet of Things.
We are looking for a Cloud and Virtualization Lead with strong Application Hosting (cloud & on-premise), System Management, Technology and Operations background. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the enterprise-wide effort of transformation and virtualization of proprietary core telecommunications infrastructure as part of our Cloud and Virtualization strategy through cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices. This leader will be able to architect, deploy and maintain high-availability, fault-tolerant private cloud systems within our owned/operated technology stack. This individual will have the opportunity to marry these cloud and virtualization disciplines with our cutting edge network and data analytics platforms in the exploding internet-of-things marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Architect and deploy cloud-based systems that meet the stringent performance and availability requirements of the telecom ecosystem.
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance, high-availability private cloud environments on-premise as well as manage/integrate 3rd Party virtual private cloud environments like AWS and provide a seamless application experience across the hybrid cloud environment.
- Serve as virtualization and cloud technology evangelist and implement scalability and performance maturity model for Enterprise Platforms.
- Manage configuration and provision of enterprise applications from scratch or from existing templates, their load balancing, fault-tolerance and implement tools and technologies for normalized management and instrumentation of compute, network and storage resources.
- Can play a hands-on architect role and should be able to display management and leadership qualities for the rollout of best-practices, and policies & procedures.
- Collaborate with Finance and Engineering in managing the cost structure and estimation to derive the best implementation strategies
- Support high visibility projects concurrently in a rapid application development environment and must be able to adapt to fast changing priorities.
- Manage and support multiple concurrent and auto-scalable Production & DevTest environments, system upgrades, cloning procedures, and their performance tuning.
- Define metrics and KPIs for future infrastructure management and planning.
- Plan, define, develop, deliver, maintain, and manage Operations policies, procedures, resources, and project commitments.
- Serve as escalation point for technical issues and provide supervision to prevent, detect, identify, and resolve incidents.
- Serve as a mentor and develop effective training programs for the team members.
- Should be highly motivated, self-driven and be able to contribute individually in addition to providing team leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications (Key Skills, Education and Experience):
- BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with virtualization technologies viz. Xen, VMware, OpenStack and 3 rd Party cloud services providers like AWS.
- 5+ years strong experience in managing enterprise applications infrastructure. Datacenter experience is preferred.
- Strong experience in managing applications in load balanced environment.
- Strong experience with Solaris/Linux operating systems and their commands/tools.
- Strong experience in scripting languages such as Shell/Perl/Python.
- Experience in network and security architecture
- Experience in working with Java, Web Services, SOA
- Have familiarity with Application Servers (e.g. Apache/Tomcat).
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or Big Data platforms like Cassandra is a plus.
- Have a passion for learning and using new technologies.
For more details you can call me @ 408 789 7077 or email email@example.com
Mariya Systems - 14 months ago