- Supervise, motivate, train and support Resident Assistants and Resident Director staff; assist, guide and support residence students.
- Work with Director and department to ensure consistency in function of Residence program.
- Assist in implementation of campus judicial system, student programs and college policy.
- Live in and on call responsibilities as designated.
- Assist Director in all areas of community educational development and administration in residence hall.
- Be responsible for general facility management and maintenance of a residence hall.
- Address student issues arising from student conduct, counseling and crisis related to residence halls.
- Coordinate routine duty night coverage, break duty coverage and campus duty coverage.
- Participate in routine nightly duty and break duty along with other staff.
- Provide flexibility for some evening work in place of some daytime hours.
- Attend all residence life meetings as well as other pertinent meetings.
- Assist in recruitment, selection and orientation of Resident Assistants and professional Staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 718-862-7350.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Student Personnel or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in Human Development, oral and written communication and ability to interpret policies, plans, objectives, rules and regulations to subordinates.
- Must possess sound judgment in dealing with students.
- Competency in Word and Excel at a minimum.
- Experience with first year students
- Experience in judicial affairs