Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Area Loss Prevention Leader (ALPL)
Reporting Relationship: District LP Leader (DLPL)
The ALPL will provide direction and leadership to Loss Prevention teams in multiple stores (2).
1. Plans, organizes, and leads multiple stores loss prevention programs in compliance with safety and company guidelines.
2. Interviews in partnership with Store Leader(s) for Loss Prevention Officer Candidate selections and ensures quality training is provided to the LP team.
3. Administers and provides leadership in each unit's shrinkage control and safety programs, including the Company's Loss Prevention Test and Check Program, to ensure compliance with operational procedures.
4. Assists Store Leader(s) in training Store Team Members on LP and safety issues by identifying opportunities and provide training that can result in improved financial performance.
5. Provides leadership to teams on surveillance, detention, and criminal processing related to theft and criminal cases while maintaining confidentiality of investigations.
6. Conducts internal investigations in partnership with District Loss Prevention Leader. Identifies cases of fraudulent activity, responds to and corresponds with the Senior Investigations Specialists team on resolution of internal cases. Interviews Store Team Members to aid management in determining best resolution for each incident.
7. Ensures Loss Prevention participation in court hearings when required and updates appropriate files with court related materials; maintains relationship with local law enforcement.
8. Maintains communication with the District Loss Prevention Leader on shrinkage and theft related topics.
Experience & Core Competencies
• College degree preferred
• Two years' experience in retail loss prevention
• Strong leadership and decision making skills
• Minimum travel required
• Ability to install and utilize various types of security equipment
• Ability to perform duties where quick judgment is required, e.g., safely approaches and detains shoplifters following protocol
• Ability to properly utilize handcuffs
• Ability to remain standing for at least 50% of workday
J. C. Penney - 12 months ago