Provides leadership to store managers and associates and is responsible for the overall management of the sales, service, operational, cultural and financial performance for an assigned group retail stores. Works with Store Managers and associates to create and sustain strong teamwork and a unique and memorable customer experience at the highest possible level. Creates, organizes and implements sales practices in all stores that maximize the profitable sale or referral of all bank and affiliate products and services through customer relationships. Participates in coordinating the successful implementation of marketing and promotional programs within the assigned region for new products and services. Maximizes revenue from the sale of bank products and services. Develops and integrates corporate and regional strategies. Participates in the development of regional sales goals and strategies in order to deliver business and financial results. Monitors, reports and updates the Regional Manager and other senior managers on the primary cultural, service, sales, operations and financial performance goals, programs and expectations of the region and bank. Is responsible for talent management which includes assessment of associate skills and creation of associate development plans designed to insure a high degree of product knowledge, sales proficiency and operational excellence in every store. Assesses the performance of direct reports against all applicable goals, objectives and standards with appropriate individual and group accountability for all. Actively participates in the community such that there is a free flow of ideas and information between the Bank and the community served.
Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
Reports directly to the Regional Manager.
- 5-10 years of relevant community banking experience.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and develop others
- Experience in creating and implementing banking policies, procedures, practices and documentation
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the Bank.
- Demonstrated accountability, dependability, initiative and an ability to effectively prioritize tasks to ensure optimal results.
- Proven ability to “think outside the box” when solving problems
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word
- Demonstrated strong community involvement (typically holds positions in community organizations) and has long-standing, productive business relationships in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, a related field, or equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Work involves sitting, frequent walking, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
Requires close visual acuity.
Normal office environment and occasional exposure to weather.
No relocation offered.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Umpqua Holdings thinks of itself not so much as a bank but as a retailer that sells financial products. Consequently, many of the...