Area Manager - One to One Interactions (East Pittsburgh Area)
One to One Interactions (OTO), a Consumer Event Marketing Company, is the exclusive provider of product sampling and consumer engagement events in Giant Eagle Grocery Stores, Market District Grocery Stores, and GetGo Convenience Stores. Our team of 800+ demonstrators perform over 50,000 product sampling and marketing events annually in these stores. During these consumer marketing events, we sample and sell a wide variety of products to Giant Eagle consumers, ranging from fresh bakery, meat, produce, seafood, prepared foods, and deli items to center store branded items from Kraft Foods, Pepsi, Frito Lay, and hundreds of other brands.
We strive to make every event a great event! To accomplish this, we have a talented team of retail managers that oversee the recruiting, training, coaching, and management of our demonstrators. Our Area Managers are responsible for managing the staff and event execution in their assigned territory. Each territory consists of 18-20 stores and approximately 100 demonstrators.
We are currently seeking an Area Manager for the Pittsburgh Market -- specifically the O'Hara Twp, Natrona Heights area.
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for making sure that all of your events are staffed and scheduled, that your demonstrators are well-trained, that all sampling procedures are being followed, including food safety protocols, that your events show strong sales results, and that your team is supported and encouraged to excel. You will travel within your area daily, auditing performance, coaching your team, and providing regular updates to store leadership, department managers, and OTO senior management.
If you enjoy working in a retail environment, managing a large team, interacting with consumers and store personnel, managing your own area, and have a sales focus, we would like to meet you.
This is a full time, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, paid vacation, and 401k with company match.
If you are an enthusiastic, positive leader looking for an exciting career opportunity, we want to meet you so we can tell you more about our company and learn more about you.
The technical stuff:
1. Work Experience/Education: Four (4) years of relevant experience working in the retail, sales, or restaurant industry, including at a minimum one (1) year of managing a large part-time staff of 50 or more employees; High School Diploma or GED, required; Bachelor of Science in Business, Management, Marketing or related discipline, a plus;
2. Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the organization; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence;
3. Intrapersonal/Interpersonal skills: ability to intuitively understand the needs of consumers and shoppers, and translate insights into action with cross-functional team partners; solid networking skills; ability to interact with Area Managers, employees, vendors and customers;
4. Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read and comprehend complex instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
5. Judgment & Analytical skills: Ability to make sound business decisions impacting the operations and financials of the business; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
6. Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent;
7. Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface, advanced use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems;
8. Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
9. Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person's contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
If you feel you meet the qualifications of this position please submit your resume along with salary considerations.
Apply online at: http://www.interactionsmarketing.com/careers/talentLink/details.aspx?nPostingId=1604&nPostingTargetId=2323&id=Q0OFK026203F3VBQBV7V78MRA&LG=EN&LG=EN