Stripes LLC is in the process of interviewing candidates for Area Manager Trainee for the Laredo and Houston Divisions. This position will report directly to the Division Manager.
Some areas of responsibility include:
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
- Learn basic aspects of operations and marketing.
- Learn all aspects of store operations and eventually manage a group of stores.
- Coaches and trains store managers on establishing plans to help achieve/exceed budget utilizing the tools provided in the Susser Holdings Playbook.
- Ability to analyze financial data, including but not limited to store profit and loss statements, product movement information, shift analysis information, labor management information, merchandise and cash shortage information, and all other available data to ensure group sales and profits are maximized.
- Conducts regular store visits to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to assess and implement new and existing marketing communications, product development.
- Ability to effectively deal with vendors.
- Assist with hiring and training new employees.
- Manage to ensure the overall compliance of store conditions with company standards in their designated areas. (i.e., cleanliness, foodservice sanitation, customer service and merchandising, etc.).
- Managing direct reports through effective leadership, coaching, training.
- Research any store specific financial issues.
- Participates in business reviews, night rides, etc.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by direct supervisor.
Interested candidates who meet the listed qualifications should submit their resume or application to Human Resources at email@example.com or via fax 361.693.3719.
- Four (4) year college degree is required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills/competencies are required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Mathematical and analytical skills, including P&L and store reports to affect change are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PDI/Verifone/Topaz.
- Committed to work flexible hours, days, nights, weekends and holidays; Stores operate 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week; Must be flexible to work Monday through Sunday; Oncall duty
- Bilingual preferred.
Note: In the subject line, please include the title of the position you are applying for.
Susser Holdings Corporation - 2 years ago
Susser Holdings Corporation (Susser) is a non-refining convenience stores operator, as well as a non-refining motor fuel distributor. The...