Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Job Title: Area Sales Leader
Home base can be: Raleigh, NC / Durham, NC or Charlotte, NC
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated: Fair and Square. Today, rooted in this rich legacy, we are re-imagining every aspect of our business in order to reclaim our birthright and become America’s favorite store. The truth is, we’re fine growing old. We’re not fine with growing stale. So we are throwing open the windows and letting in some fresh air. With 1,100 stores and jcp.com, we’re focused on delivering an exciting, new shopping experience that is in sync with the rhythm of our customers’ lives through exceptionally curated merchandise, artful presentation and unmatched customer service. Most critical to our success is enlisting the industry’s best talent to fuel our transformation and help change the way America shops for goods.
Job Title: Area Sales Leader
Do you thrive on leading a team? Does making every customer experience above and beyond their expectations make your day? Do you aim past the set goal to achieve results? Well…being an Area Sales Leader in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come and be part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Custom Decorating Area Sales Leader leads a team of Decorator Consultants and Studio Coordinators to work together in creating unique custom window treatments through appointments in the customer’s home.
• Leader – You lead a team of Custom Decorating Decorator Consultants and Studio Coordinators in studios both local and remote. Travel is up to 50% of the time.
• Hiring – You seek out and recruit top talent for Decorator Consultant and Studio Coordinator team member positions.
• Sets Expectations – You candidly communicate the quality, level of performance required for success and sales goals.
• Drive Sales – You analyze business performance, review targeted sales, errors, average sale and closing percent, to maximize the results of top performers and inspire all others to exceptional results.
• Coaches – You provides feedback and direction to others to enhance knowledge and /or effectiveness. You proactively focus on improving attributes and professional skills through consistent contact with each studio in the assigned district(s); in person, by phone and email.
Skills and Characteristics:
• People skills – You are engaging and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you. You are comfortable interacting with all levels of store and district team members.
• Time Management – You execute efficiently and effectively, leveraging technology through strong computer skills.
• Problem Solving – You are comfortable communicating with customers to find solutions that fit into the company’s “fair and square” philosophy.
• Detail Orientation – You maintain impactful notes; observing each team member’s strengths and opportunities based on the following metrics; sales, referrals, weekly appointments, order entry, job tracking influencing the overall customer experience
• Motivates and Recognizes Team Members – You inspire team members to achieve higher levels of performance and genuinely praise them for outstanding performance.
• Attitude – You are an outgoing “glass half full” type of person. You can take any situation and make it positive.
J. C. Penney - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -