Area Sales Manager
The Area Sales Manager directs all daily activities in
specific multi-million dollar merchandise areas and
ensures an extraordinary in-store customer experience.
The Area Sales Manager impacts store sales by leading
and motivating a team of sales professionals, by
supporting all company programs and initiatives and by
identifying and responding quickly to business trends.
The Area Sales Manager reports directly to the General
Manager or Assistant General Manager.
• Achieve incremental sales growth by gaining commitment
from your team.
• Drive new account, gift card and email capture
programs to increase repeat business.
• Utilize revenue and reports to monitor sales, analyze
deficiencies, and respond quickly to opportunities.
• Demonstrate accountability for hours usage and
repeatedly achieve weekend hours plan.
• Minimize shortage by maintaining back of house
• Drive safety initiatives in the department and
• Motivate team to perform at a higher level by setting
goals and follow up.
• Develop, promote and retain your associates.
• Deliver our Signature Customer Experience to each
customer each day.
• Develop a higher quality staff; recruit and hire
talented people, who want to sell and will be successful
in a customer focused environment.
• B.S./B.A. from an accredited 4 year college or
• Minimum of 3+ years of retail management experience.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be
Lord & Taylor welcomes all applicants for this position;
however only those selected for an interview will be
Lord & Taylor - Stores - 17 months ago