WARNING: THIS IS NOT A BORING SALES MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
WHAT WE’LL TELL YOU ABOUT THE JOB:
• This is an Area Sales Manager job and much, much more! Think: Digital Ad Media Sales Manager Extraordinaire. Sorta.
• A successful Area Manager gets out there and develops direct relationships with dealers through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development – there’s no hand-holding here!
• We hope you are good at creating and managing relationships with automotive retailers… how you do that is up to you. Here are some suggestions: demonstrate value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant by hosting process audits and trainings with your new friends (read: your clients).
• We also hope that your new friends like you! A lot. It’s probably best to respond quickly and accurately to dealer problems, concerns or needs. Follow through works like a charm, too.
• Communication is key! Your managers will want some sort of in-depth analyses and reports so they can brag about how well their territories are doing.
• Wait… there’s more! Provide strong feedback – written, verbal, pigeons with notes tied to their feet – to the product and operational teams. They’ll be listening for new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products. We want to be the best. Literally. Get creative!
• And some administrative stuff: manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables. You’ll figure this part out.
WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE JOB:
At Edmunds.com we're impacting how millions of consumers make what is typically the second largest purchase they'll make during their lifetime: a new car. How do we do it, you ask?
• Cutting Edge Technology
• Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
• Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
• Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course
• Exciting & growing company but stable, we've been around since 1966!
• Cool office space near the beach (award winning design) but if you are remote, I’m sure your office is just as cool!
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal, Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record.
WHY WE WILL HIRE YOU:
• 5+ years of professional direct sales experience or you’ll wow us with your charisma and automotive experience
• Automotive and/or Internet experience (because it really helps)
• Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory; occasional travel outside the territory
• Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills – very helpful when you are trying to convince a dealer to buy the Edmunds.com product!
• Ability to work independently from a remote/home office… hint, hint: dream job!
• Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company… please, no failures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Email programs (Outlook, Gmail, etc.). Snail-mail is a thing of the past, unless it’s from Grandma with a crisp $20 bill inside!
WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK HERE AND NOT THAT “OTHER” PLACE:
Did we not convince you yet?!?!? Come on… apply - all the cool kids are doing it.
Job Function: Sales & Sales Support
Edmunds.com is a car-shopping Web site committed to helping people find the car that meets their every need. Almost 18 million visitors use...