PURPOSE - The Area Sales Manager is charged with delivering SDBC volume and profit goals through effective utilization and management of external DSD partners, meeting assigned distribution, pricing and merchandising objectives and responsible use of available trade funds to accomplish individual brand objectives.
1) Deliver volume and sales objectives in their market(s) and in their personal customers
2) Train, lead and motivate Bottlers and Distributors to achieve volume and sales objectives.
3) Develop and execute tactical plans with Bottlers, Distributors and retail customers
4) Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with upper management at SDBC, Bottlers/Distributors with our Customers.
5) Develop business relationships with key customer personnel through execution of mutually beneficial business plans and consistent account penetration.
6) Control sales and office expense within assigned budgets.
1) Execute trade programs with Bottlers and Distributors to achieve targeted volume and brand development in targeted channels.
2) Develop tactical execution plans for specific accounts / markets with key Bottler and Distributor personnel.
3) Develop business relationships with personnel at key accounts.
4) Manage Bottler & Distributor supervisory personnel to achieve retail sales objectives.
5) Train and motivate Bottler and Distributor personnel to sell SDBC products through ongoing participation in sales and management meetings and route rides.
6) Manage Expenses.
1) Meeting sales objectives
Achievement of volume targets within approved spending limits.
Development and implementation of sound customer business plans.
Increased sales through improved distribution, merchandising, product assortment, retail pricing and shelf placement (MAPS).
Effectiveness of external partner resources (Bottler & Distributor) through training, planning and personal leadership.
Financial management (maintenance of spending budgets, deduction management).
The territory specific to this particular opening is as follows:
Northern Nevada (primarily Reno)
Southwestern Idaho to include Boise
EXPERIENCE / SCOPE
Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience in the beverage industry with a background in a DSD route to market. Experience should also include key account selling to both large format (grocery) and small format (convenience) retailers at store level and at headquarters level.
Sunny Delight Beverage Co - 19 months ago