The Area Supervisor for the Charlottesville VA and Montpelier VA Centurylink serving areas (this posting) will manage the following responsibilities:
Ensures that a high level of customer satisfaction is provided to all business, consumer, and access segment customers
Oversees and directs daily operations for our complex business customer market in the eleven exchanges in the Charlottesville Va area and in the two edgeout / out of footprint areas in Northern and Tidewater Va areas. Oversees central office repair and maintenance, installation and repair for residential and business customers, OSP cable maintenance, and DSL installation and repair in the three Montpelier exchanges. Ensures service order and repair completion targets are met in both fiber and copper environments as well as ensuring high quality network reliability in these three exchanges (Montpelier, Gum Tree, Beaver Dam).
Supervises eleven + technicians (bargaining, non-bargaining) and one exempt employee. Responsible for managing employee performance through coaching and guidance, assignments & work load, training, and team dynamics.
Exhibits leadership skills to engage and motivate the workforce, and demonstrates initiative and analytical ability to resolve complex problems. Ensures team and individual accountability, efficiency, innovation, and customer focus.
Performing quality and productivity reviews, and serving as point of contact for customer complaints.
Manages monthly departmental budget and expense guidelines
All other duties as assigned. Job Requirements
Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, results-driven organization while managing multiple projects simultaneously Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- Job requires a level of knowledge typically gained through a combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
- Pro-actively seeks new opportunities to enhance service and maximize operational efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to support short- and long-term objectives in a team environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to successfully deal with and create results working with other departments, resources, and internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated initiative and analytical ability to resolve complex problems, and make timely decisions.
- Successful demonstration of verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Sound understanding of regulated and non-regulated work to ensure accurate coding of completed work assignments.
- Intermediate PC skills using the Microsoft Office Suite, systems and the Internet.
- 3 years ago - save job