The Armed Security Guard (ASG) is primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as guarding government owned or leased buildings and property, protecting government equipment and material, and controlling access to government installations by employees, visitors, and residents. The ASG will respond to emergencies, enforce government regulations, and conduct crowd, parking, and traffic control, inspections, and perimeter and internal access control. The ASG does not act in the capacity of a law enforcement officer, and has no arrest or apprehension powers. The ASG is armed with a side arm, shotgun, or other weapons as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Will arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment
- Will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force
- Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.
- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned
- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders
- Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
- Will provide access control, traffic control and conduct walking and motorized armed security functions
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
- Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and government regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, government property and equipment
- Will conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspection
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Must successfully complete a pre employment physical agility test (PAT) and annually thereafter as prescribed by the government.
Work Environment -
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will occasionally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. Native preference under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
·Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
·Must be at least 21 years of age.
·Minimum of two years’ experience as a full time employee of a civilian law enforcement agency, military police, or government or civilian security guard organization or minimum of two years military experience in specified military occupational specialties in which the military tour of duty included duties involving security, force protection, weapons proficiency, protecting property, maintaining law and order, protecting lives or other duties similar in nature (i.e., Military Police, Infantry, Special Forces, Security Forces, Communications, War Veteran, etc).
·Honorably discharged (If Applicable)
·Possess a Diploma or certificate as a graduate of a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency; or military services recognized basic law enforcement or physical security training academy.
·Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.
·Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
·Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance:
·Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
·Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
·Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
·Be able to obtain Armed Security Guard License, as may be required by a state.
·Be able to obtain Unarmed Security Guard License, as may be required by a state.
·Be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an Armed Security Guard.
·Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years.
·Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual’s reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenburg Act.
United States-New Mexico-Artesia
Chenega Security & Protection Services
Chenega Corporation - 10 months ago
Chenega prides itself on providing industry leading market driven compensation, a comprehensive benefits program that is tuned to the market...