Primary responsibilities will involve teaching beginning through graduate level courses in printmaking and drawing. Typical teaching load will include three courses per term, totaling 9 credits (18 contact hours per week). Appointee will have additional responsibilities consistent with departmental expectations including participation in professional and/or creative activities in the printmaking area, committee work, curriculum development, advising, and service to the university and community.
- M.F.A. in Art with a printmaking emphasis, must be awarded by August 11, 2014.
- Expertise in intaglio, relief, lithography screen-printing processes, current non-toxic methods and digital printmaking techniques.
- Evidence of appropriate professional and/or creative activity in printmaking.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in college teaching.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills.
- Evidence of professional achievement in printmaking.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The Department of Art has over 300 majors, 14 faculty and several adjunct instructors. It offers the BA, BFA, BS, and MA degrees and is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. The university (18,000 students) is located in a city of 50,000 in the Southern Minnesota River Valley. It is a modern university with several new buildings and an increasing enrollment. The Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) with the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and the Walker Art Center are less than 90 minutes away, allowing students and faculty to take advantage of notable contemporary art and design exhibitions and lectures. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/CV (must include a link to a web-based portfolio of your work, and the work of your students -OR- submit a Macintosh compatible CD-digital portfolio to the address below)
- A 1-2 page statement of your teaching philosophy
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial transcript of your highest completed degree
- In addition to the online attachments listed above, please have three (3) , current, professional letters of reference mailed directly to the search committee using the address below.
Printmaking Search Committee
Department of Art
Nelson Hall 136
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001.
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 30+ days ago