Academic/Administrative Professional: Local Search -Minimum of 15 Calendar days
Position Open Date
Position Close Date
Salary placement is determined using the CSN Academic Faculty Schedule (maximum 10 years experience). Based on the total years of prior teaching experience, the maximum step placement is step 7 on the Academic Salary Schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity
College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community.
CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADAAA.
1. Teach Art Appreciation in both traditional and online modes.
2. Teach other Art courses as assigned, including Art Portfolio and applied courses such as Photography, depending on area of expertise.
3. Assist other Art faculty in development of new courses in Art that reflect the needs of students in the community.
4. Assist with Art program activities, including exhibits, open houses, club activities, etc.
5. Serve on department and college-wide committees as needed.
This position is Open Until Filled. The review of application material will begin on 06/23/2012. For full consideration please sumbit all application related material no later than 06/22/2012. This is a local search and there is no travel reimbursement.
1. Master of Fine Arts from a regionally accredited college or university is required
2. Minimum three years teaching experience or equivalent at the community college level.
3. Proven experience in college teaching in both the traditional and online modes.
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ON-LINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email email@example.com or fax to 702.651.5778 SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
1. Experience preferred in teaching Art Appreciation, Photography, and/or Portfolio courses.
2. Experience preferred in film and digital photography.
3. Experience preferred in organizing student Art exhibits and presentations.
4. Experience in college-level curriculum development.
5. MFA in Photography, or closely related field from a regionally accredited college or university
College of Southern Nevada - 18 months ago