Political consulting firm specializing in strategy development, communications, direct mail and issues management for candidates and advocacy organizations seeks an Art Director with experience in advertising or direct marketing. The Art Director will design hundreds of pieces of direct mail per year creating compelling, insight-driven, voter-focused communications that enhance our clients’ overall message.
We’re looking for someone to inspire innovation, creativity and results. The right candidate will be a design super-star - imaginative, able to communicate through graphic design both powerful positive and negative messages and above all, be someone committed to our clients, excited by change, and fueled by a passion for collaboration and bold invention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- First and foremost, keen ability to create breakthrough direct mail, logos, bumper stickers, web pages, billboards, bus signs, etc that is second to none. Our Creative Director is our premiere person for the best art pieces we put out there. We need someone who actually likes to get under the hood and design pieces.
- Manage the recruitment, schedule, daily workflow and development of a small, dedicated staff of freelancers and full-timers. Consistently build and push the team’s work to new levels.
- Represent the art department in all client meetings in coordination with the Account Executive.
- Stay abreast of the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs and be proficient in them.
- 5+years experience in an advertising or direct marketing agency
- Proficient in direct mail print; strong typographic and layout skills
- Clear understanding of branding and direct marketing principles
- Proven ability to produce cutting edge, creative, and exceptional design work
- Confidence and maturity to understand that great ideas can come from anywhere and anyone
- Aptitude and desire to stay current of trends in the industry and to learn emerging technologies
- Knowledge/Experience in Final Cut and video editing is a plus.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in ImageReady and Dreamweaver or similar HTML editor is not necessary, but a definite plus
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Extremely competitive pay and benefits.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard