About the Art Director position
We are looking for an Art Director with professional, interactive design experience. The ideal applicant must be a creative thinker who is able to work independently and collaboratively with other members of an Experience Design (XD) team to ensure designs are consistent with Verndale’s high standards for aesthetics and usability. The work requires a strong understanding of user-centric, web design principles with a consistent focus on user experience (UX) best practices. Ideal candidates will have experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) and the ability to design web sites for mobile use.
- Design engaging and high quality, responsive web solutions
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely to clients and internal team.
- Work closely with Project and XD teams to understand and translate requirements
- Maintain current, relevant knowledge of user design trends, standards and techniques
- Develop and maintain visual design libraries and UX pattern libraries for consistent design
- Effectively communicate with developers and other project team members through implementation phase to realize design vision
- Act as a resource and thought partner to colleagues
- Assist with internal marketing and branding initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- Responsive and mobile web design experience required
- Strong web design/visual design, layout, and typography skills with excellent attention to detail
- Affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Strong knowledge of UX processes and methodologies including responsive web design.
- Ability to react well to design direction and feedback from Creative Director and clients
- Proficient to expert in Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Experience with mobile design a plus
- 6-8+ years’ designing experiences online
- Online Portfolio of work required
Verndale is an Experience Technology Company building powerful, interactive experiences that combine our expertise in strategy, experience design and technology.
Rapidly emerging as the next phase of marketing, Experience Technology is where technology platforms enable uniquely personal online experiences through the confluence of analytics, experience design and strategy. The results for Verndale clients are more qualified opportunities, more passionate brand advocates and higher recognized business value.
By working across disciplines, partnering with the best in the industry and even co-developing with clients, our collaborative style is the key to building remarkable systems that anchor brands, engage customers and deliver business results. Known for and sought after for our ability to take complex data and transform it into beautiful, usable experiences, at Verndale we are constantly evolving to be the leader in experience technology systems.
Learn more about us at www.verndale.com
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
1. Rapid growth company of 15 years maintaining start-up company feel
2. Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
3. Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
4. Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
5. Beautiful new HQ building in Boston; easily accessible to the train and free street parking
6. Soon to be 2nd floor will include more collaborative work spaces, a fitness room and game room
7. Free lunch Fridays at noon and drinks at 3:00pm
8. Dog friendly office – woof!
9. Working 9am – 5pm is not frowned upon – we’re a family friendly company
10. Ten company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, a profit sharing bonus program and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan with company match are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
Verndale is an Experience Technology (XT) Company building powerful, interactive experiences that combine our expertise in strategy,...